Actually managed to get to the Kings Cross Car Market early - in fact I was one of the first people there. It was desperation time on selling the car - it had to be sold today - so I lowered the price A$ 1,000 to A$ 3,500. A group of Israelis almost immediately approached me and looked over the car carefully. I agreed to let them have it inspected by a friend later if they wanted to - after warning them that I'd be away for a couple hours around lunch.
Went back to the doctors as it turns out I need some immunization updates. Talked it over with the doctor and decided to get just a shot for Typhoid. Also got the extra Larium (mephlaquine) I needed and a prescription for doxycycline as the malaria strain in Thailand is supposed to be resistant to Larium.
After a quick lunch I headed back to the car market - only to be met by a couple of the Israelis in front of the garage. While talking to them I got another call expressing interest - again the offer was low, but it gave me some hope to have people interested. We drove the car down to Bondi and were met by a mechanic (also Israeli originally) that the guys somehow knew. One of the guys spoke no English, and the others was very limited so it took a while to get where they were meeting their friend. Then there was the most detailed inspection I've ever seen - nearly two hours worth. The mechanic was good and, having lived in Australia for fifteen years, his English was good so it was really interesting to watch him and ask questions. I could have gotten frustrated quickly but it was obvious that he wasn't finding much wrong. At the end of it all we argued about the price for twenty minutes and I came down a little to A$ 3,250 - nearly the same cost as my next set of plane tickets. We filled out the paperwork and then walked to the bank where I got my money! I kind of wished I hadn't lowered the price, but at least - the Car is sold!!
Having sold the car was a huge load off my back. I wandered around Bondi a little and got my prescription filled then caught a taxi back to New Town. Called my friend Stacy back (she had called and left a message while I was negotiating with the Israelis) - she has just quit her job and is going on an extended trip. We're trying to meet up to dive in the Sinai this September so there were a few details, plus I just think she wanted to talk to someone about her doubts and questions. Checked email then started the dreaded job of packing.